Thursday 17 November 2016

Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon: Review

Author: Nicola Yoon
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance
Originally Published: September 1, 2015
Pages: 310
Price: £12.80 (Hardback from Amazon)
          £3.85 (Paperback from Amazon)
          £4.99 (Kindle Edition)
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Series: Standalone
Source: Bought

About the book (Taken from Goodreads):
My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.

Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster.


My review:
My heart literally melted. My heart was so happy it exploded from my body and jumped so high it's now on the moon. My heart was so excited that it wanted to feel the book on its muscles for instead. It's very safe to say that I liked this book tremendously.

Unless I read something in the next 2 and a half months, this will be my favourite book of the year. And I've read some pretty good books this year.

Never before have I read a book in one sitting. It was so good that I literally couldn't put it down until I'd finished it. I started it at 9pm and finished it at 3am. I didn't even put it down to eat or pee or sleep. None of those things seemed in any way more important than this book. And if that doesn't make it an amazing book then I don't know what does.

This book was perfect in every way. I can see why they called it everything, everything because it literally was everything. Maddie was everything, Olly was everything, Carla was everything, the plot twists were everything, the romance was everything, the way the book was set out in different layouts was everything. EVERYTHING was everything!

This book made me cry, this book made me laugh, this book made me sit staring at a wall when it was done because I didn't know what to do with my life. I loved it so much my heart hurts everytime I think about it.

If you only ever listen to one thing I say, or if you only ever read one book again, make it be this one. Seriously, read this book, it's absolutely breath-taking.

I've also got 'The Sun is Also a Star' sitting on my shelf, which I can't wait to read, but because of my stupid set of reading rules,  I can't read it until I've finished two other books. My expectations  are so high for that book, it would be devastating f it wasn't as good or better.

Have you read 'Everything, Everything'? Read 'The Sun is Also a Star' yet (Please don't spoil it for me)? What's your favourite book so far for this year? Let's talk about it in the comments!


Follow me! Twitter          Instagram

Contact me! theintrovertswonderland@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment