Monday 31 October 2016

October Wrap Up!

It's been a busy month! College burst into full swing, with major tests and a major amount of homework to match! If it continues next month I may have to become a crow and escape life
forever... But hopefully, that doesn't happen.

Books I've read:
As of reasons I've discussed earlier, this month hasn't been the best on the whole reading front. In fact, I don't think I could have read less if I taped my eyes shut, but, my TBR did shrink slightly.
1) I started Nevernight about halfway through August and I finished it about a week into October. I know, it's disgraceful. It took me way too long to read, but I did really enjoy it, which was a great start to the month!
2) I devoured Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children... it was so close to perfection! I finished it in 2 sittings which, considering Nevernight, is incredibly good for me.
3) The Girl On the Train was also a really interesting read! I don't read many thrillers, but I think I may have to start reading more; it was so much fun! Trying to guess who the killer was became a hobby of mine, and I had my suspicions, and I sort of guessed it before i was fully revealed. Boo.

4) Not many books make me cry, but The Dog Who Dared to Dream became one of the few! It was such a charming and original little story and I was so glad I decided to read it!

Books I've bought:
I got a job this month! I've been trying to find a job for so long, but because of college my hours are crap, so nobody wants me. But that changed on October 28! It may be working on Sundays with my dad, but at least I'm earning money now! College gives me £23 a week, but sadly, that doesn't cover the cost of any books that aren't from charity shops, so next month I should be chock a block with new books, but this month, the money was lacking a little.
 But still, I consider myself lucky. Many people couldn't afford one book, and many don't have accessible libraries either. So always be grateful peeps!
1)Six of Crows was more of a gift from my mum to cheer me up after having a really shitty time at college than me treating myself, but I'll still put it here. After the massive amount of love that emerged when Crooked Kingdom came out, how could I not have this on my wish list?
2) 'The Hundred Year Old Man who Climbed out of the Window and Disappeared' was a bargain! I picked in up pretty much pristine condition from Cancer Research UK for £1, which is worth the weird looks you get from all the old people in there!

Favourite merch store of the month:
If you follow me on Instagram, you'll probably notice that I use the same props over and over again. That's 1) because I love them and 2) because I can't afford to buy more BUT NOT TO WORRY because they're cool anyway!

My favourite bookish shop of the month is Till and Dill! They sell bookmarks on Etsy and they are the most beautiful bookmarks I have ever laid my eyes on! I bought two a the start of the month, then I ended up buying another one, then  I bought another two! AND I'm not yet bankrupt because they're actually super cheap! So be sure to check them out! The link to their Etsy shop is here!

So there you have it pumpkins! It's been a horrible month for schoolwork, but fabulous in every other department! How's your month been? PLUS I'm desperate to find other book blogs because I currently don't follow any, which isn't good, so if you could comment me the link or name of your blog, that would be marvellous! You'll get page views and probably a few comments and I'll get to fall in love with a new blog, so everyone wins! 

I hope everyone's had a wonderful October, and I hope your November is even better!

Follow me! Twitter          Instagram

Contact me! theintrovertswonderland@gmail.com





monthly funko pop vinyls

No comments:

Post a Comment