Sunday 10 July 2016

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J. K. Rowling: Review

Author: J. K. Rowling
Originally Published: July 8, 1999
Genre: Fantasy Literature
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Pages: 462
Source: Bought
Series: Harry Potter
Price: £12.08 (Hardback from Amazon)
           £3.85 (Paperback from Amazon)
           £6.99 (From iBooks)

About the book (Taken from the blurb):
When the knight bus crashes through the darkness and screeches to a halt in front of him, it's the start of another far from ordinary year at Hogwarts for Harry Potter. Sirius Black, escaped mass-murderer and follower of Lord Voldemort, is on the run - and they say he is coming after Harry. In his first ever Divination class, Professor Trelawney sees an omen of death in Harry's tea leaves ... But perhaps the most terrifying of all are the Dementors patrolling the school grounds, with their soul-sucking kiss ...

My review:
This is my first, but certainly not last, review of a Harry Potter book. And might I say, I couldn't have thought of a better way to kick things off.

I'd read the first two Harry Potter books several years ago and I only recently decided to treat myself and buy the rest, to no disappointment.The story is so immersive and well described, I could have read the other books yesterday and I wouldn't have known any different. I now understand why so many people completely obsess over the series, because I may be starting to as well...

Harry, Ron and Hermione go on yet another adventure, defeat some baddies (that, I can guarantee, I will be having nightmares about) and learn a lot about themselves and those around them. J. K. Rowling does a great job of making the reader feel completely immersed in their story and the relationship that grows between them. Rowling also has the magical (excuse the pun) ability to keep the reader on the edge of their seats, which makes for a fantastic read.

I honestly don't know what else to say about this book! The only possible downside is that I must have seen the movie years ago and faintly remembered it, so the twists weren't as hard hitting as they could have been, but that's my own fault! So, do I recommend this book? Absolutely, 100%, unconditionally, unquestionably, for sure ... I could go on for days! So what are you waiting for? Read away nerdlings.

Do you agree that the Harry Potter series should be worshipped so religiously? Are you obsessed? Excited for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child? Comment down below and tell me what you think!

Follow me!
Twitter          Instagram          

Contact me!
theintrovertswonderland@gmail.com

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog! I put out a new review every Sunday and have a weekly Top 5 Tuesday! E-Mail subscription bar is at the bottom of the page, or there is a button at the top!







monthly funko pop vinyls

No comments:

Post a Comment