Sunday 4 September 2016

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling: Review

22844191
Author: J.K. Rowling
Originally Published: September 28, 2002
Genre: Fantasy Literature
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Pages: 617
Source: Bought
Series: Harry Potter
Price: £15.58 (Hardcover from Amazon)
          £3.85 (Paperback from Amazon)
           £5.99 (Kindle Edition)



About the book (Taken from the blurb):
The Triwizard Tournament is to be held at Hogwarts. Only wizards who are over seventeen are allowed to enter - but that doesn't stop him dreaming that he will win the competition. Then at Hallowe'en, when the Goblet of Fire makes his selection, Harry is amazed to find his name is one of those that the magical cup picks out. He will face death-defying tasks, dragons and dark wizards, but with the help of his best friends, Ron and Hermione, he might just make it through - alive!

My review:
Rowling has certainly not lost her charm! This book was simply phenomenal. Wonderful. Amazing. Snazzy. There simply isn't enough words to describe how I feel about this book. Yes, I acknowledge how late I am, and you are probably wondering where the Cursed Child review is... I'd expect it mid-January if I was you. I do explain more in the post where I tell you guys I bought it (which you can find here), but several rules stop me from reading and reviewing is sooner, sadly. Even though I really want to binge read all the Harry Potter books after reading this masterpiece.

The way Rowling can create such realistic relationships is beyond me. Literally unfathomable. I only have like 2 friends, but the shizzle that goes down with Ron and Harry happened to us at least once every other month.  And my two friends don't even like each other, so it's just between me and one of them! Let's not go into my lack of friends... this socially awkward, anxious celery stick struggles to keep 2 sometimes.  

Plus let us just take a second to appreciate Hermione. Miss Hermione fricking Granger. My Queen. Everybody's Queen. Legit step aside Liz and Beyonce, Miss Hermione fricking Granger coming through. She was so #relatable, it physically hurt my heart at times. I would definitely have joined S.P.E.W, without a shadow of a doubt. In my notes, all I could put for Hermione was the on point emoji because that's what she was, on point. At all times. Plus her new bae had me grinning like a Cheshire Cat because AWWWW!! I think it showed particularly in this one compared to the other three, just how much awesome-sauce she has in her. We all need a minute's silence to acknowledge just how amazeballs she really is.

Had your minute? Because now we need a minute's silence for an entirely different reason. THAT ENDING THOUGH!!!!!! And you know something's intense when it's acceptable to use 6 exclamation points. What annoyed me the most was that I was in a public place when I finished this, so I couldn't even cry about it. And trust me, I could have cried enough tears to fill the river Nile. It was such an unnecessary turn of events but it packed so much punch that you couldn't imagine it not happening. I can't even. Literally can't even. Help. Help. Plus for any of you who read my 'books I'm taking on holiday with me' post (which you can find here) where I talked about it, and if you'd read Goblet of Fire, you either had an evil grin or felt very sorry for me with my bags full of optimism. Because I couldn't have been more wrong. 

To conclude, that was an intense roller coaster ride of feels and now I can't even. Just can't even. It left me numb for a while, it was that good. If you haven't already read it, then do it. Read it now. Buy it now. I don't care. It was absolutely phenomenal and probably the best one yet! Easily worth 5 stars. I would give it 20000000 if I could.  Simply amazing.
Which Harry Potter book is your favourite? Did you cry at the ending? Do you agree that Hermione is a legend? Let me know in the comments! 

Follow me! Twitter          Instagram

Contact me! theintrovertswonderland@gmail.com


monthly funko pop vinyls

No comments:

Post a Comment