Tuesday 23 August 2016

Snazzy September (Top 5 Tuesday)

I can't believe it's been a month since I posted my AARRGGHH August post (which is here in case you missed it)... it feels like forever ago! So, once again, I scoured the Goodreads upcoming page and found 5 books that I'm super snazztastically excited to read in the rainy month of September. Enjoy!

1) Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
28374007
It has fighting. It has magic. It has magical fighting. What more could anyone want!

It's about three sisters, which each possess a magical ability. Either they can spark flames and control storms, have a pretty good stomach when it comes to poisons, or can control nature and it's furry inhabitants; which sounds pretty fricken cool. And they have to begin fighting to become heir the day they turn 16. Until there's only one left. And I'm not mad about it. 

I'm hoping for epic battle scenes and sadness and drama and everything else a true book lover loves. Not literally of course. I'd prefer to just read it. 

The book's being released on the 20th September, and I'm super duper excited. You can read the Goodreads description here

2) The Female of the Species by Mindy McGinnis
25812109
This book sounds... interesting. I don't think the description does it much justice, so I'm very glad I looked at the reviews, which, pretty much, all say it's fantastic.

From what I can gather, it tackles rape culture and the different opinions of it.  I might even look past the fact that it is written with different P.O.V chapters. Which normally I hate with a passion and deters me from buying the book, but even I can't stop myself with this one. 

I haven't read something as heavy as this in a while... and I'm very excited for its release so that the feels can hit me like a train. 

The release date is 20th September and I'm definitely getting this one. You can find it on Goodreads here.

3) A Taste for Monsters by Matthew J. Kirby

29241322It includes Jack the Ripper. I'm already sold. I didn't even have to read anymore. I always find stories that include Jack the Ripper incredibly interesting, which is pretty awful of me, I know. But, maybe it's just me whose is massively intrigued by a serial killer, that, to this day, we still don't know his identity.

Although it isn't entirely about Jack the Ripper himself, and more about his victims, my eyes still lit up. Is that weird? Probably. The two other characters seem pretty interesting too, an elephant man and a disfigured girl... what more can you want.

I thrive on messed up stories, I wrote enough of them in school to last me a lifetime, so this will definitely be on my to-be-read list when it is released on September, 27. You can find the description in more detail here.

4) Into White by Randi Pink
25689018 I like an author who takes risks... and this sure is one of them. This probably controversial book is about a black girl who wishes to be white and her wish comes true. 

I can tell that this is one of the books that's either going to be really good or shockingly bad, and I'm hoping it isn't the latter.But one thing that's obvious, people will talk about this book.

It brings some much needed light to racism, sexism and other horrible things that many people have to face   on the daily. And I really hope Pink can pull it off.

This book's release date is set to be September, 13. Let's all cross our fingers. You can find out more about this book here.



5) Why is every other good book part of a series by A girl who just wants a top 5 list.

Like, seriously, unless I judge far too quickly, I can't find another book I want to read in a list of 75. There are books I'm sure many of you are excited about, like the next in the Thrones of Glass series, or the next in the Snow like Ashes series, or the next in the Six of Crows series; but I haven't read any of those. So I can't be excited about them. Meh.

So here I am, a girl with nothing left to write. A girl with only four books in a top 5 post. A girl with only a ferret (His name is Mr. Snuckums and we were introduced through Google images). You can find out more about this fantastic 5th novel here!

That's all folks! My top 5 (shhh it was 5 Mr. Snuckums said so) books I'm most excited for in Snazzy September.

Are you excited for any of these releases? Lucky enough to get an ARC of any of them? Want your own Mr. Snuckums? Leave a comment and let me know!

Follow me! Twitter          Instagram
Contact me!  E-Mail - theintrovertswonderland@gmail.com

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog! I put out a new review every Sunday and have a weekly Top 5 Tuesday! E-Mail subscription bar is at the bottom of the page, or there is a button at the top!



monthly funko pop vinyls

No comments:

Post a Comment