Tuesday 26 July 2016

AARRGGHH August (Top 5 Tuesday)

I've been really behind on seeing what new books are coming out lately, so I decided to change that. I used to love going onto Goodreads and looking at what was coming out months before they were released and squealing like a child on Christmas when I found one that looked really cool, which were most of them. So, I did it again! Plus, seen as though I have a blog now, why not share it with you? Here are the top 5 books I found that got me really excited for next month:

1) The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill

28110852'The Girl Who Drank the Moon' looks so darn cute! I'm always a sucker for a book with a good cover and this is no exception. Plus, the story sounds fricken awesome too!

It centres around a kind witch named Xan, who is offered a baby every year to stop her terrorising the town, which she has no intention of doing anyway. But when one baby is fed the wrong thing, moonlight instead of starlight, Xan must raise this enmagicked girl, who she names Luna, herself (Did I mention how darn cute this book sounds before?). Plus, when a young man from the town embarks on a quest to kill the witch and free the town years later, Luna must protect those who protected her. 

How. Darn. Cute. A middle-grade story hasn't excited me this much since I was middle-grade but somehow, I think I will love it all the same.

It is expected to be published on August 9, 2016, and it will definitely make its way swiftly onto my shelf.

 2) Vicarious by Paula Stokes
26114131'Vicarious' looks pretty different to anything I've ever read before, which is always something I look for in deciding which books I want to read. 

It tells the story of two sisters, Winter and Rose Kim, who are trafficked to the United Stated after growing up in a Korean orphanage. In the US they work for Rose's ex-boyfriend Gideon and have their impulses recorded for his vicarious Sensory Experiences. 'Whether it's bungee jumping, shark diving, or grinding up against celebrities a the city's hottest dance clubs, Gideon can make it happen, for a price' - To quote the goodreads description. But when the recording from Rose's murder is delivered to Gideon, Winter will stop a nothing to find the killer. 

Pretty cool, huh?

I think the originality of this story is what draws me to it, more than anything. I've never heard anything like this before, and even though something like this may already exist, I haven't seen it, which makes it much more exciting. And let's be honest, it sounds fricken awesome.

It is expected to be released on August 16, 2016, and I will for sure be starting this new adventure as soon as it comes out!

3) Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi
28110143
Look. At. The. Cover. How gorgeous is it! I saw this book on twitter a little while ago and fell completely in love with it. It's so eye-catching and will make a great addition to any shelf family. (And yes, I do refer to the books on my shelf as one big family. And no, don't tell me you don't too.)

The story centres around a girl named Alice Alexis Queensmeadow whose Father went missing when she was 9 years old and took only a ruler with him. Three years later, she is determined to find her father; but bringing him home is no small task. She must first travel through Furthermore, a mythical and dangerous land where nothing is what is seems with only a liar named Oliver for company. 

I'm so excited to hear about Alice's adventure and haven't been this excited about a book like this in a very long time. Plus, might I mention again about the cover. I mean, AARRGGHH!!

It's set to be released on August 30, 2016, and I know I will buy it as soon as it comes out.

4) Been here all along by Sandy Hall
27414386I'm mentally preparing myself for the cuteness that is bound to come from this book. I haven't read a good, light-hearted romance novel in a while and I hope this is set to change that. It isn't very long, 240 pages, so hopefully it's just the thing I need to get me back into romance; I'm fed up of  neglecting that genre.

From what I can gather, it's a duel perspective book, which I'm not a massive fan of, but I can let anything slide if it's done well enough. It's set around two boys, Gideon and Kyle, who are best friends and next door neighbours. Gideon is a bit of a geek and seems to have his life sorted until  he starts falling for Kyle. Kyle has a gorgeous and popular girlfriend and is head of the basketball team, but when his girl and his bestie start acting weird he is left wondering what he did wrong.

This story is you typical best friend to boyfriend tale that is sure to warm your heart and will hopefully help settle my love-hate relationship with the romance genre.

The expected publication date is August 30, 2016, and all I can say is that I am very, very excited. 

5) Wax by Gina Damico
23454794As soon as I heard about this I instantly thought of the mannequins from Doctor Who that came to life when he met Rose, which was a strange thought seen as though this book is about wax figures opposed to mannequins, but they're about the same I suppose. I'm just hoping that the wax figures aren't as scary! 

This story is about a 17-year-old named Poppy Palladino who discovers some dark secrets about her town after discovering dozens of startlingly life-like wax sculptures in a back room behind a sunny retail space. But when that room is destroyed by a fire, she teams up with a wax boy named Dud to uncover who started the fire. But the some of the people in the town, those she'd known all her life, start appearing a little ... waxy. Can she find out what's going on before it's too late?

As I said before, nothing about mannequins, but still really cool! I'm hoping for a spooky vibe from this book and maybe even a love connection? Which sounds really strange seen as though it would be between a girl and some wax... but it still would be a better love story than twilight... Yes, I hate that overused joke too, even when it was popular a million aeons ago, but it just set itself up so nicely!

Anyway, back to 'Wax', it's due out on August 2, 2016, so not long to wait before I can add it to my collection!



So there you have it! These are five books that I cannot wait to read, that are released next month. AARRGGHH I cannot contain my excitement! 

Are you as pumped as I am for any of these books? Do you enjoy the previous work of any of these authors? Found this helpful in deciding what to read next month? Comment down below and tell me what you think!

Follow me!
Twitter          Instagram          Snapchat

Contact me!
theintrovertswonderland@gmail.com

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog! E-Mail subscription bar is right under this post, or there is a button at the top!


monthly funko pop vinyls

No comments:

Post a Comment