Monday 6 March 2017

Top 5 Thursday: My Favourite Bookish Boyfriends / Boys I 100% fancy even if they are fictional


So... Valentine's day is a thing. Not going to lie, this post should have gone up on Valentine's day, but college ramped up the pressure by about 1000%, which is always fun. But, many moons later, my Valentine's post is finally here. So here are my five favourite boyfriends in the book world! (WARNING!! There are some spoilers included in this post so be careful if you haven't yet read the book!)

1) Olly Bright from 'Everything, Everything' - Mild spoilers included

This sweet little buttercup gets me everytime. He doesn't give up in trying to make Maddie happy. He continually melts my heart. The fact that he joins her on the spontaneous trip to Hawaii is super sweet, it wasn't such a good idea with hindsight, but it was still super cute! And how he calls her cute names, and stays up texting her, and fights to see her, and is generally just a sweet-heart, Plus, in the film trailer, he's really hot. I'm all about that black on black look. Why don't cute boys ever move in next door to me! I just have crazy old ladies, and they definitely don't compare to a single hottie that'll bring a bunt when he comes over, even if it does taste bad 😂.

2) Nick Hidaka from the Geek Girl series

Don't even get me started on how many tears have been shed over this boy. Harriet and Nick have been through some scrapes, and I felt like I was right there with them. But they always push through and stay together... until they broke up. But that didn't happen, I refuse to accept it nope nope nope. They're going to be together forever. Admittedly I haven't read the 5th or 6th book in the series yet, so I don't know if they actually get back together or not, but I sure hope so! Dear sweet Nikkie-poo is willing to give up everything for his girl, and even when she does things that aren't so great, he sticks by her. Plus he's part Australian, part Japanese, and all hunk; who wouldn't want a little bit of that? 

3) Percy Jackson from the Percy Jackson and the Olympian Series

Percy, out of all of my favourite book boyfriends, is definitely my favouritist. He's practically me in boy form. Well, he's much more brave than I am and 1000% cooler (how can anyone beat being the son of Poseidon?), but our senses of humour are pretty much the same. He's sarcastic, he's witty, he's hilarious and I laugh at his witticisms every single time. I've only read two of the books from this series, so I'm not fully qualified to talk about him as a boyfriend, because he hasn't been one yet (and may never be one, I don't know, I haven't read them yet), but if he does become a boyfriends, I'm sure he'll be absolutely perfect. From the first two books we already know he's loyal, nice and completely adorable. What more could anyone want!? 

4) Robb Stark from the A Game of Thrones Series

I really dislike the Game of Thrones series. I don't like how long it is, I don't like how boring it is, I don't like how all the characters have sad stories going on and I only like a very select few characters, which i still a bit rubbish due to the fact that thee's soooo many. But Robb is one of the few I actually like. Robb was the only character that wasn't immensely predictable, which made him a whole lot more interesting. Plus he's so fricken cute!  He can be so sweet when he need to be, like when he's with Bran, and he can be so strong when he needs to be too. He's got the versatility a lot of the characters lacked, and I'm not going to lie, I've thought of being his Lady a fair few times. Which may sound weird, but he's supposed to be around 14, and I was around that age when I read it, so it's not as strange as it sounds! He's just a precious little bear that you'll want to cuddle up to all day long. So, if he dies in the series (I wouldn't know, all the Robbs in the world wouldn't convince me to start book 2), please don't tell me, because then the illusion can last just that little bit longer. 

5) Tric from Nevernight

While Tric and Mia weren't technically dating, they were pretty damn close! And might I add, they were completely cute while doing it. The majority of the parts they had together were sex scenes, but they risked being beaten and killed for that sex, so I'd say that it still counts as a romantic gesture. I'm still not over how this couple ended, definitely not over it at all. I don't think I'll ever be over it. Why did have to be this way??? Why couldn't they have just had their happily ever after? It was so hard to trust in that place what with all the death and general nastiness, yet they still trusted each other enough to share their backstories, and Tric's hits me in the feels every single time. Things could have been so perfect, but at least things were good while they lasted?? 


So that's it! My top 5 Favourite bookish boyfriends / boys I may have had a slight crush on at one time or another.  Don't judge me.

I just want to apologise for the lack of posts in the past few weeks, so there should be a new post up everyday this week! I hope you enjoy them all, and if you have any suggestions as to what I should do, let me know!

What are your favourite bookish boyfriends?  Have a fictional character you have a crush on? Did you do anything nice for Valentine's day? Let me know in the comments!


Follow me! Twitter          Instagram

Contact me! theintrovertswonderland@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment