Sunday 9 October 2016

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #1) by Sarah J. Maas: Review *SPOILERS*

22839894Author: Sarah J. Maas
Genre: Fantasy, New Adult Fiction
Originally Published: May 5, 2015
Pages: 416
Price: £16.56 (Hardback from Amazon)
          £5.19 (Paperback from Amazon)
          £4.93 (Kindle Edition)
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Series: A Court of Thorns and Roses
Source: Bought


About the book (Taken from the blurb):
Feyre is a huntress. She thinks nothing of slaughtering a wolf to capture its prey. But, like all mortals, she fears what lingers mercilessly beyond the forest. And she will learn that taking the life of a magical creature comes at a high price...
Imprisoned in an enchanted court in her enemy's kingdom, Feyre is free to roam but forbidden to escape. Her captor's body bears the scars of fighting, and his face is always masked - but his piercing stare draws her ever closer. As Feyre's feelings for Tamlin begins to burn through every warning she's ever been told about his kind, an ancient, wicked shadow grows.
 Feyre must find a way to break a spell, or lose her heart forever.

My review - *SPOILERS*:
This was one of the few books I trusted the social media's on. I bought this after all the hype surrounding the sequel, A Court of Mist and Fury (but you already know that) and there's a few things I don't understand. PLEASE DON'T SPOIL IT FOR ME ACOMAF IS CURRENTLY SITTING ON MY SHELF AND I WILL READ IT SOON!! THIS LITTLE CONFUSED RANT IS PARTLY FOR YOU TO LOOK DOWN AT ME AND THINK 'OH LITTLE FLOWER, YOU'VE STILL GOT SO MUCH TO DISCOVER' AND PARTLY FOR ME TO LOOK BACK AND ANSWER MY OWN CONFUSION. DON'T WORRY THE CAPS LOCK IS BEING TURNED OFF now.

Thing number 1) Why does everyone have so much beef on Tamlin? Yes, he almost attacked Feyre but he did warn her several times to stay inside but no no no, Feyre heard some drums outside her room so she had to go wandering straight into an orgy. So a bite is her getting off lightly. And it's ok because that bite sets up a delicious sex scene, so it's ok. That sex scene was so , I waited many many chapters for that shit. If a bite after an orgy was all it needed I would have gladly arranged it for them. 

Thing number 2) Why is everyone so madly obsesses with Rhysand? I know that this, and probably the first thing too, will be answered when I get to reading ACOMAF but he's such a huge dick.Yeah, it's horrible that Amarantha exploited him, but that doesn't mean he can be a meanie! He blackmailed Feyre and made her act like a total slut (even though I don't like that word) against her will. And unless he has a crystal clear explanation in ACOMAF it's never going to be cool. 

Thing number 3) Why did Tamlin wait so long to turn her into a Fae. Did she have to almost die for it to work or something? He knew full well that she wouldn't be safe at home. Rhysand knew her face and Amarantha would have figured out that the girl she tortured wasn't her eventually. Surely she would've been a lot safer if she stayed as a fae. Unless Tamlin could only do it once his powers had been fully restored... I don't know and it didn't make it very clear.

But despite all my confusion, it was a fabulous read. I was hooked from page 1 and couldn't stop reading. The anticipation of that sex scene kept me on edge for an exceptionally cruel length of time, but I'm not that mad about it. I don't think I'm more excited to read any other sequel right now, so ACOMAF will definitely be read by the end of the year. SO PLEASE DON'T SPOIL IT FOR ME. Please. Please. Please.



What are your thoughts on this series? Which is your favourite S. J. Maas book? Dying for book 3 already? Let me know!

Follow me! Twitter          Instagram

Contact me! theintrovertswonderland@gmail.com


    monthly funko pop vinyls

1 comment:

  1. You should read the second book! Srsly. I finished within 2 days xD

    ReplyDelete