Tuesday 2 August 2016

What I listen to whilst reading. (Top 5 Tuesday)

I don't know about you but I love to listen to music while I read. Whether it's a soundtrack to one of my favourite games or a chill song from an awesome artist, I'm all over it. So why not share that with you so you can jam along with me! Here're my 4 favourite things to listen to whilst reading... enjoy!

1) The 'Life Is Strange' Soundtrack
I love this game with all my heart. And I love the soundtrack even more! It's super duper chill, which is great for any read. It's mostly guitar, which I love, with some darker bits thrown in. The video I listen to is also 1 hour 45 mins, so you don't have to stop reading all the time to change the music. You can find the one I listen to here

I also love the actual songs in 'Life Is Strange' to listen to as well. They're all really relaxing which sets the mood for any book you wish to pick up. My favourites include To all of you by Syd Matters, Santa Monica Dream by Angus and Julia Stone, Mt. Washington by Local Natives, Mountains by Message to Bears, Obstacles by Syd Matters and Spanish Sahara by Foals. Some are definitely more depressing than others, but each makes my reading even better than it already is.  
P.s If you haven't played Life is Strange yet you seriously should, it's really really great! 

2) 'The Last of Us' Soundtrack
This game is also one of my favourite games ever and makes for a different, yet still fantastic reading experience. Composed mostly by Gustavo Santaolalla, he used a detuned guitar and violin as well as other instruments to create an emotional and inspirational soundtrack which goes well with the games heart-wrenching story. The soundtrack is great for thrillers in particular, but I use it for anything really. I just love it! You can find the one I listen to here. It's almost 56 minutes long, so is great for those who like me don't like to read for long periods of time. 




3) Disney Piano Covers
Do I really need to say more? If you haven't read to Disney music played on the piano before now then you have been seriously missing out. With some books, it's perfect as it provides just the right atmosphere, but I wouldn't recommend it if you aren't really invested in the story yet. Trying to guess which song is playing becomes very distracting. Other than that, Disney piano covers are my go to for light-hearted or comedic books, especially when I'm in the middle of the series.  There're loads of covers on youtube but the one I mainly go to this one for a shorter reading session (it's 1 hour 25 minutes) or this one if I want to read for longer (it's just over 3 hours).

4) The 'Batman:Arkham Knight' Soundtrack
When talking about favourite game soundtracks, this one wins the prize. I could talk about how much I love anything batman for days. I have posters of the Joker covering every inch of my wall and cannot count how many times I've played and replayed this amazing trilogy.  To make the soundtrack for this game they took all the best bits from Arkham Asylum and City (The first two in the trilogy) and made them even better. It's very dramatic and amplifies the tension in any book you decide to read. What I like about it most is how fast paced it is. I'm an awfully slow reader and listening to fast paced music helps me read faster, which helps me considerably as my to-be-read pile is taller than me. The one I listen to is 2 hours and 20 minutes, which is perfect for binge reading, and can be found hereIt's also great for motivation, so I almost always listen to this when writing blog posts, and it actually keeps me focused (which is very hard for anything to do!).


There you have it! My 4 favourite things to listen to while I'm reading. It should be a top 5 list, but I couldn't think of anything else I listened to... which, of course, is sending my OCD crazy. But anyway, hope you enjoyed! 

What do you normally listen to whilst reading? Ever listened to any of these? Found this helpful? Comment down below and tell me what you think!

Follow me! Twitter
Contact me! E-Mail

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog! E-Mail subscription bar is at the bottom of the page, or there is a button at the top!


No comments:

Post a Comment